Recorded during the BWE.
Meta Event: Assault on Svanir's Dome
Location: Wayfarer Foothills (Norn lands)
(1) Help Reztiff Sunderfoe capture the east tower.
(2) Help Shaska Kaldmorn take the west tower.
(3) Capture the center of the Svanir Dome. * Note: As you take the center groups of Svanir will charge the group from two directions. (Though not at the same time.)
(4) Kill the corrupted leader of the Sons of Svanir. * Note: In this attempt the Champion Svanir Marauder gets stuck on the central pillar. Normally, he does frequent frontal charges that can down any players in it's path. Additionally, it does a fair number of stomps that knock back and does a lot of damage that can down players. He has a lot of HP and this fight can last fairly long depending on how often he charges and how many players find themselves downed because they weren't paying attention.
What is a Meta Event? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Meta_event
A meta event is a series of dynamic events that tells the story of an explorable zone in Guild Wars 2. A meta event might tell the story of a norn area in danger of being corrupted by the Sons of Svanir, or maybe a human region constantly threatened by centaur armies. Meta events are meant to provide immersion, as well as orientation about the state of an area.
There are generally two or more meta events in each zone. These meta event are made up of usually 5 to 20 events chaining and branching in various different directions.
Meta events are displayed in the event assistant, framing the actual dynamic event that marks the state of the meta event. They stand out because they are displayed even if no events are currently running. However, unlike dynamic events, meta events are neither completed nor do they provide experience points or rewards of their own. However, if players succeed at certain meta events, hidden areas of the world may become accessible for a period of time.
General things to remember:
(1) The more people in the area, the harder and/or larger the event will be. This event will not always supply the number of enemies you see in the video.
(2) Helping other downed members helps you in the long run. You will want as many of your own bodies to throw against the bodies the enemies throw at you.